An Android app (unreleased) built during Innovation Day at Opower. I worked on this application with a coworker. It displays the amount of carbon emmissions that could be saved if one were to choose public transportation instead of a car. It also provides a little motivation to convince the user to choose public transportation.
- Find real-time departures times for every route and stop.
- View stops around user's current location.
- Set personalized alerts for bus bus departures times.
- Save favorite stops for easier access.
- Display dining hall information including: hours of operation, location, contact information and prices.
- Provide nutritional information for almost every item available in the dining halls.
- Provide current conditions for Blacksburg, Virginia and a 7-day forecast, using weather information is provided by WeatherBug.
- Display a feed of most recent tweets by Twitter accounts related to Virginia Tech.